Earn Continuing Education Credits
Contact Your State
Continuing education (CE) credit for The CCIM Institute courses is granted through local commissions and national governing entities. CE is available on a state-by-state basis for broker and sales real estate renewal as well as select appraisal and finance renewals.
The CCIM Institute is an approved sponsor for Certified Public Accountants (CPA) - National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.
The Robert L. Ward Center for Commercial Real Estate Studies
The CCIM Institute can assist you with obtaining CE credit for certain courses offered by the Robert L. Ward Center for Commercial Real Estate Studies. Please contact us for more information.
The following CE processing fees are applicable for CCIM Designation curriculum core courses (CI 101 - CI 104):
The CCIM Institute Members
Requests More Than 10 Days After Course Concludes
Important CE Details
Read on for information about credit timing and requirements and state specific guidelines. This video will help you understand how to purchase CE and print certificates.
CE Credit Timing
To obtain CE credit prior to the start of the course:
- Purchase CE credit for each course that needs CE credit when registering for the course or you will not be able to access the CE certificate afterward
- Pass the course with the qualifying score
- Complete your profile with your CE license information under the Professional Licenses tab in My Account
- Enter the license type, number, state, and expiration date
Once the above is complete, your CE certificate is available in the CE Credits tab in your account.
All forms and requests must be submitted within 3 days of the course completion to ensure it complies with state requirements and deadlines. If forms and requests are not submitted within 3 days, your CE will not be processed.
If you have questions, CEcredit@ccim.com.
CE Credit Requirements
To receive CE credit, please note the following guidelines:
- If this course is approved and you have yet to purchase CE, please contact our Solution Center
- Your profile must include your CE license information. Please make sure it is accurate or you will not see your CE certificate upon course completion
- Must complete 100% of the course to receive CE credit. Your attendance will be recorded through the submission of your attendance form
- Must complete all assignments and the online exam (if the course requires one)
- Must complete and submit the following required forms:
The CCIM Institute does not track your state CE requirements. To learn more about maintaining your these requirements for your state certification or license, please contact your state regulatory agency and confirm The CCIM Institute courses that are approved in your state.
For questions about courses available in your state, please contact CEcredit@ccim.com.
State-Specific Continuing Education Information
Residents of California, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, and Texas are subject to additional policies and regulations regarding CE credit. The CCIM Institute follows the state-specific guidelines below:
The CCIM Institute will provide attendance verification for students submitting an equivalency petition to the California Department of Real Estate for continuing education.
To qualify for attendance verification, California licensees must:
- Meet the requirement of 90% or better attendance.
- Must successfully complete the course with a score of 70% or better.
- Are required to submit their own documentation directly to California DRE
- Must submit equivalency petition with all documentation for consideration.
- Access the California DRE equivalency petition.
Louisiana, Missouri, and North Carolina
- All state rosters for Louisiana, Missouri and North Carolina should be submitted to the instructor by the third day of the class.
- For Missouri and North Carolina, licensees must also submit the CE request prior to the class end date.
- Starting January 1, 2020, licensees requesting CE credit for Louisiana must submit their requests no later than one day after the course end date to avoid Louisiana's late submission fee.
- The CCIM Institute may submit late requests, but the licensee will be responsible for late fees imposed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission, which can be up to $450.00.
- For Missouri licensees, the exam must be completed within seven days of the course end date.
- Missouri and North Carolina do not allow The CCIM Institute to submit late submissions for CE credit.
- North Carolina Real Estate Commission prohibits the issuance of continuing education credit during the period of June 11–June 30. Licensees must report their CE credit before June 30th of each year.
- Be advised that there are substantial fines for late reporting.
- Upon completion of the course, Nevada requires submission of the state evaluation form, prior to the issuance of a CE certificate.
- Nevada course evaluation forms are provided at the course site or may be requested. If you have questions, visit CEcredit@ccim.com.
- The CCIM Institute's CE provider number is 99.
- To receive credit, licensees must successfully complete the course exam.
- Only CE (non-qualifying) credit is available.
- Qualifying Designation courses (CI101, CI102, CI103, and CI104) are approved by Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC).
- Effective December 2, 2021, license holders may no longer receive credit using the professional Designation credit request form. Instead, The CCIM Institute is now responsible for posting credits for professional Designation qualifying courses which have been approved by TREC for CE credit.
- The CCIM Institute will upload CE credit for all TREC-approved CE courses.
- Approved course names, course numbers and number of credit hours can be found here.