To accommodate licensees during the COVID-19 health crisis, state real estate commissions have updated their continuing education policies to accommodate virtual and online courses during this period of remote learning. State commissions also continue to provide CE for our classroom courses. CE credit issued during this period will be valid for broker and sales license renewal as well as CPA license renewals.
Temporary approval is at the discretion of the individual commissions. Check back here frequently for CE updates and approvals or contact
email@example.com for state-specific information. Please allow 24 hours for a response.
Continuing Education (CE) credit for CCIM Institute courses is granted through local commissions and national governing entities. It is available on a state-by-state basis for broker and sales real estate renewal as well as select appraisal and finance renewals.
Register for a course
Browse eligible courses (PDF)
For questions about courses available in your state, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Regular business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CT.
CCIM Designation Core Courses
The following CE processing fees are applicable for CCIM designation curriculum core courses (CI 101 - CI 104):
- CCIM Institute Members: $25
- Non-Members: $35
- Requests More Than 10 Days After Course Concludes: $50
To obtain CE credit prior to the start of the course:
- Purchase CE credit for each course that needs CE credit when registering for the course or you will not be able to access the CE certificate afterward.
- Pass the course with the qualifying score.
- Complete your CCIM profile with your CE license information under the Professional Licenses tab in My Account. Enter the license type, number, state, and expiration date.
Once the above is complete, your CE certificate is available in the CE Credits tab in your My Account Portal.
The Ward Center for Real Estate Studies
To enhance your professional development and assist with license renewal, CCIM Institute provides complimentary continuing education credit for all approved Ward Center courses.
CCIM Institute is an approved sponsor for the following professional organization:
- CPA - National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
CCIM Education Policies for Continuing Education
Be advised that students must meet state requirements to receive a certificate. Because attendance requirements vary state to state, please consult your local commission guidelines to verify the requirements for your specific state license. Attendance certificates and other documentation are available within three weeks of the course completion date. Your
document(s) will be emailed to the address on your request form.
State course approvals are subject to change without notice. The amount of credit/clock hours granted is solely at the discretion of the individual state or professional entity. CCIM Institute must follow all state guidelines. State approval of a CCIM course does not constitute an endorsement of the views and opinions expressed by the course sponsor, author, or lectures.
For more information on CE credit through CCIM Institute, please contact us at +1 (312) 321-4460, ext. 8566 or
State-Specific Continuing Education Information
Residents of California, Louisiana, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, and Texas are subject to additional policies and regulations regarding CE credit. CCIM Institute follows the state-specific guidelines below:
CCIM Institute will provide attendance verification for students submitting an equivalency petition to the CA Department of Real Estate for continuing education. Petition. To qualify for attendance verification, CA licensees must:
- Meet the requirement of 90% or better attendance.
- Must successfully complete the course with a score of 70% or better.
- Are required to submit their own documentation directly to California DRE
- Must submit equivalency petition with all documentation for consideration. Access the California DRE equivalency petition
Louisiana, Missouri, and North Carolina
- All state rosters for Louisiana, Missouri and North Carolina should be submitted to the instructor by the third day of the class.
- For Missouri and North Carolina, licensees must also submit the CE request prior to the class end date.
- Starting January 1, 2020, licensees requesting CE credit for Louisiana must submit their requests no later than one day after the course end date to avoid Louisiana's late submission fee. CCIM may submit late requests, but the licensee will be responsible for late fees imposed by the Louisiana Real Estate Commission, which can be up to $450.00.
- For Missouri licensees, the exam must be completed within seven days of the course end date.
- Missouri and North Carolina do not allow CCIM Institute to submit late submissions for CE credit.
- North Carolina Real Estate Commission prohibits the issuance of continuing education credit during the period of June 11 – June 30. Licensees must report their CE credit before June 30th of each year. Be advised that there are substantial fines for late reporting.
- Upon completion of the course, Nevada requires submission of the state evaluation form, prior to the issuance of a CE certificate.
- Nevada course evaluation forms are provided at the course site or may be requested via email at
- CCIM Institute's CE provider number is 0099.
- To receive credit, licensees must successfully complete the course exam.
- Only CE (non-qualifying) credit is available.
- CCIM qualifying designation courses (CI 101, CI 102, CI 103, and CI 104) are approved by TREC. All license holders must complete the CE Elective Credit Request For A Professional Designation Course form and submit it along with the CE certificate to
- CCIM Institute will upload CE credit for all approved non-designation (Ward Center) courses.
If you have any questions regarding state specific guidelines, please contact the CE Department at
email@example.com or (312) 321-4504.
Register for a course