Syndication and Crowdfunding Workshop
The Course Will Teach You to
- Attract private money while complying with securities laws.
- How to structure your deals, what legal entities to use, and other powerful tools to help you raise big money.
- Understand the way in which lenders look at financing real estate owned by a syndication
This advanced workshop (formerly known as Ultimate Group Sponsor Workshop) provides you with the real estate syndication and crowdfunding techniques that will allow you to pool investor money to help finance your commercial real estate deals. Instructor Gene Trowbridge, CCIM, attorney and founding partner at Trowbridge Law Group, LLP, has worked with over $4 billion in equity offerings over the past six years and brings his real-world experience to this session.
Course highlights include:
- The current state of crowdfunding and whether this is a method of fundraising you can use.
- Various ownership structures used in syndication, such as tenant in common, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies.
- Changes in the way money can be raised after the JOBS Act, which created two avenues where advertising and solicitation can be used.
- Structures of cash distribution to investors and compensation plans for the sponsor.
- Networking opportunities to meet other similar-minded professionals.
This course may require the use of a laptop or desktop computer with full Excel capabilities. Mobile devices, like iPads, tablets, and cellphones, will not run The CCIM Institute's macro-enabled spreadsheets.
PC: Microsoft Office 2000 or higher is necessary to run The CCIM Institute macro-enabled spreadsheets.
Mac: Mac versions of Microsoft Office 2004, 2011, 2016, or 365 are required to run The CCIM Institute macro-enabled spreadsheets.
Browser: The CCIM Institute courses are optimized for use with the Google Chrome web browser.