Real Estate Development: Transportation & Accessibility
This course is part of the Development Specialty Track. Learn more.
Transportation and Accessibility are special types of physical improvement in real estate development. These are moving and dynamic systems that feature human and physical interactions. In this course, Mark Van Ark, CCIM, shares industry knowledge and experience identifying transportation and accessibility requirements for property, including public and private transportation systems users will access to arrive at the property, determining how space users will move around the property, and which party in the real estate development process is responsible for developing the modes for transportation and accessibility.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the role of transportation and accessibility in the real estate development process
- Differentiate between transportation and accessibility improvements
- Explain the challenges of integrating new transportation systems into existing systems
- List and define accessibility issues outside and inside buildings
- Describe the importance of life-safety networks and systems
- Articulate how a developer gets paid using various payment and financing structures
View Upcoming Courses
Member: $215 | REALTOR®: $235 | Non-member: $255