Real Estate Development: Approvals & Permits
This course is part of the Development Specialty Track. Learn more.
This course emphasizes the importance for developers to obtain the right permits and approvals that are needed within each stage of real estate development process. In this course, Mark Van Ark, CCIM, will share his experiences with the approval and permitting process, identify the challenges of working with multiple stakeholders in the development process, and provide examples of approval and permits required by various entities.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the role of approvals and permits in the real estate development process
- Recognize the natural tension that exists between approvals, permits, and various agencies
- Describe the complexities of the approval process with numerous agents and agencies
- Identify communication and negotiation techniques of the approvals/permits process
- List and define the various types of approvals and permits needed at the federal, regional, state, local, and private level
View Upcoming Courses
Member: $215 | REALTOR®: $235 | Non-member: $255