1031 Tax Deferred Exchange
This advanced course provides a concise and thorough overview of Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 tax-deferred exchanges.
At the conclusion of the course, students will:
- Understand recent developments including tax reform proposals to eliminate or cap 1031 exchange tax deferral
- Understand recent IRS guidance on 1031 exchanges including applicable Revenue and Private Letter Rulings
- Learn about the IRS distinctions between property held for sale versus long-term investment
- Understand the IRC Section 1031 tax code and exceptions
- Review an in-depth analysis of partnership/LLC scenarios, reverse and improvement exchanges, related-party transactions, and determine how to avoid common pitfalls.
In addition, the course covers like-kind requirements for:
- Creative property variations such as perpetual cellular easements (cell towers)
- Transferable development rights (air rights)
- Oil/gas/mineral rights
- Delaware Statutory Trust fractional ownership properties
View Upcoming Courses
Member: $130 | REALTOR®: $150 | Non-member: $170