CCIM Institute's university outreach program is designed to help your students and graduates achieve their real estate career goals. CCIM is the Designation to pursue for professional education, networking opportunities, and industry-leading technology in the commercial and investment real estate field.
Universities interested in joining should complete the master's program or undergraduate program application. View the current list of master's and undergraduate university partners. There is no cost to the university for the basic program. An optional upgrade to the program - designed to help you provide additional value to your students - is available at a small cost.
Qualifications for Universities
The CCIM Institute recognizes that school programs in real estate often complement the CCIM curriculum. The base criteria for partner universities include:
- Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ASBSP), the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), or the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB).
- Graduate Programs: Master of Science in Real Estate or Master of Business Administration with a real estate concentration with a minimum of 4 courses in real estate studies
- Undergraduate Programs: Bachelor's in Real Estate and/or Finance with a minimum of 2 courses in real estate and/or finance studies.
- At least 25% dedicated credit hours for the program are devoted to real estate courses
- The qualifying university program must have at least one (academic) faculty membership with CCIM Institute or one (current) Designee as part of their program faculty
- Upon acceptance as a University Alliance Partner, comply with the UA Reciprocal Education Agreement
Benefits for Universities
- Graduates within the last five years from qualified universities can expedite their road to the CCIM Designation through the University Fast Track program for graduate students.
- Professors can join CCIM at a discounted faculty rate
- Graduate and undergraduate students can join CCIM at a discounted $50 student rate
- Access to the industry-leading CCIM Designation course content and real-world case studies
- Customized spreadsheets for detailed financial and market feasibility analysis
- State-of-the-art education on current trends through the Ward Center for Real Estate Studies
- Networking opportunities through local CCIM Chapters
- Annual scholarships granted through CCIM Foundation
University Outreach Upgrade Option
In addition to the free program, universities can also opt for an optional upgrade - designed to help you provide additional value to your students. For an annual cost of $1,000 for your undergraduate or graduate program ($1,500 total for both), students in the program will receive all benefits above, plus a free enhanced student membership that includes:
- Online subscription to Commercial Investment Real Estate magazine and podcast
- Free registration to four CCIM Institute courses:
- Members-only discounts on all other CCIM Institute educational offerings
- Access to CCIM Institute's CRE Career Center, offering job alerts, career coaching, resume writing, candidate tips, hiring trends, and more
- Free access to professional mentoring by a CCIM Designee via the CCIM Mentoring Program (offered to juniors and seniors only)
- CCIM Institute's Member Advantage program, providing discounts on a wide assortment of products and services
To sign up for the optional upgrade, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.