Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy
The JWL Leadership Development Academy is named in honor of Jay W. Levine, CCIM, the Institute's first president and its second designee. Levine was instrumental in the creation and growth of CCIM Institute and the Institute's Education Foundation.
The nine-month Academy program is designed to build the skills and self-knowledge participants need to fulfill leadership roles with the Institute, as well as in their communities and professional careers.
The program format includes a blend of on-site and web-based sessions, as well as reading, assignments and participant interaction between sessions for a continuous, integrated learning experience. A class project allows participants to apply the knowledge and skills gained during the program and contribute in a tangible way to the Institute.
The curriculum of the Academy is built upon core competencies for effective leadership in association, business and community settings, with a focus on both understanding and application of leadership principles and techniques to further the personal and professional leadership development goals of participants.
Participant Learning Objectives
- Build greater self-awareness and personal leadership skills that enhance the ability to contribute as a leader to the Institute (and other related real estate organizations), and in business and the community.
- Understand and apply leadership principles and techniques for greater professional success.
- Develop and stay accountable to personal and professional leadership goals.
- Build a network of colleagues that can be a source of camaraderie and professional support long after the conclusion of the Academy program.
- Learn more about CCIM Institute's structure, operation and resources.
Interested candidates should have:
- A degree of interest and desire to take on a leadership role, or build upon existing leadership experience.
- Achievement of a certain level of responsibility within their setting.
- A need for the information or skill development the program will provide, as well as some imminent application opportunity.
- The time to participate throughout the entire course.
Applications for 2020 are no longer being accepted. For questions, please contact Alex Hanba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lenn and Groeneveld Fund for Leadership Development Scholarship The Lenn and Groeneveld Fund for Leadership Development was created in honor of Dr. Jeffrey Lenn, CCIM and Susan J. Groeneveld, CCIM for their hard work and dedication to the CCIM Institute and the Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy. This scholarship covers the JWL Academy tuition fee of $2,000 along with a $2,000 travel stipend to the Jay W. Levine Leadership Development Academy. The selection shall primarily be based on merit, with consideration of financial need. Applications must be submitted by October 18, 2019.
Learn More & Apply
To view a list of past participants and award winners, click here.