Creating Reliable Valuations
The Course Will Teach You to
- Analyze the investment marketplace based on predictive economic indicators
- Understand the relationship between real estate cycles and risk
- Build capitalization rates using band-of-investment methodology
- Formulate discount rates using forward-looking economic data
- View the impact on yield due to various types of risk
Even in the best of times, reliably determining an asset's worth is a difficult task. Given the current commercial real estate landscape, historical benchmark data and classic valuation methodologies can only - at the very best - provide a hazy estimate. In today's market, the key to creating consistent and accurate valuations based on performance and yield is centered around the relationship among the asset type, its geography, and the current and likely future commercial real estate environment for that specific trade area.
This course may require the use of a laptop or desktop computer with full Excel capabilities. Mobile devices, like iPads, tablets, and cellphones, will not run The CCIM Institute's macro-enabled spreadsheets.
PC: Microsoft Office 2000 or higher is necessary to run The CCIM Institute macro-enabled spreadsheets.
Mac: Mac versions of Microsoft Office 2004, 2011, 2016, or 365 are required to run The CCIM Institute macro-enabled spreadsheets.
Browser: The CCIM Institute courses are optimized for use with the Google Chrome web browser