Real Estate Development: Environmental Factors
This course is part of the Development Specialty Track. Learn more.
This course examines environmental considerations and challenges in real estate development. In this course, Mark Van Ark, CCIM, guides participants through environmental issues including environmental studies; sustainability certifications; surface, sub-surface, and atmospheric characteristics of the site; and possible historical and cultural restrictions on a site.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the impact of environmental considerations and challenges in the real estate development process
- Differentiate between Phase I, II, and III environmental studies
- Describe the role of sustainability certifications in the development process
- Provide examples of environmental conditions related to surface, sub-surface, and atmospheric characteristics of the property
- Include historic and cultural factors when analyzing a property's environment, and identify the possible restrictions on use due to those facts
View Upcoming Courses
Member: $215 | REALTOR®: $235 | Non-member: $255