Real Estate Development: Building Renovation
This course is part of the Development Specialty Track. Learn more.
Older buildings offer character, charm, and legacy value to a community. However, due to economic forces and functional and physical obsolescence, buildings today typically have a useful life of 30 to 40 years. Enter, the sixth stage addressed in CCIM Institute's Development Specialty Track, building renovation. This course empowers you to turn your depreciated real estate asset into a profitable opportunity. You'll learn:
- What is the highest and best use of the site (tear it down and start over, donate to the city, etc.)?
- What are the benefits (state and federal) of and steps to placing a building on the historic register?
- How to determine if the property is located in an opportunity zone and what does that mean for the property?
- What incentives are available through the local municipality to help with renovation?
- How do I forecast the financial benefits (or lack thereof) of a potential renovation?
View Upcoming Courses
Member: $215 | REALTOR®: $235 | Non-member: $255