Real Estate Development: Building Development
This course is part of the Development Specialty Track. Learn more.
Going vertical in commercial real estate can be a daunting task, but one that yields attractive returns - if you have the right knowledge, skills, and best practices at your disposal. This course offers you a comprehensive step-by-step process - from concept to disposition - to make your vision a financially viable reality. Whether you're acting as a fee-paid developer or building your own investment, you'll learn proven techniques to assist you throughout the building development process to create the maximum value at disposition, including:
- Acquiring the land
- Curating and contracting the required team of architects, engineers, and contractors
- Formulating the capital stack (i.e., financing)
- Designing the optimal building for the site
- Analyzing market research to set appropriate rents
- Creating reliable financial forecasts
- Operating the asset to maximize revenue
The fourth stage addressed in CCIM Institute's Development Specialty Track culminates in marketing the building for lease or sale, allowing you to take your net sale proceeds to fulfill your next dream.
View Upcoming Courses
Member: $215 | REALTOR®: $235 | Non-member: $255