Introduction to Development Workshop
This course is part of the Development Specialty Track. Learn more.
What is a real estate developer? What makes a successful real estate developer?
The new CCIM Development Specialty Track provides commercial real estate developers, investors, and consultants with an understanding of the resources and business practices required for successful development projects.
This course serves as the specialty track's foundation and is open to all students. The program is based on the Real Estate Development Matrix designed by Daniel Kohlhepp, Ph.D., Academic Program Director for Real Estate and Infrastructure at Johns Hopkins Carey Business School.
Utilizing a case study and other business examples, students will be able to do the following:
- Define the real estate development matrix using the seven stages of real estate development and the eight development task groups
- Understand developers professional use of the matrix.
- Describe the seven-stage real estate development process.
- Describe the eight inter-related development task groups.
- Analyze a real estate opportunity using the real estate development matrix.
View Upcoming Courses
Virtual Format: Member: $740 | REALTOR®: $850 | Non-member: $965
Classroom Format: Member: $985 | REALTOR®: $1,135 | Non-member: $1,285
Pricing may vary based on location.