Current Topics in Real Estate Tax
This 90-minute course provides real estate professionals with current information on trending real estate topics in U.S. tax structure and their potential impact in how they do business. The course will cover:
- Outlook for the expired tax provisions, including
- 15-year depreciation period for leasehold improvements;
- Low Income Housing Credit temporary minimum rate;
- Election to expense business property for small and mid-size businesses; and
- Energy-efficient commercial buildings deduction.
- Will the highway bill that Congress must act on this fall include any tax changes important to real estate?
- Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges - the latest from Washington.
- Tax Reform - what is at stake for commercial real estate and can it happen before the new president is inaugurated?
- Presidential Election 2016 - What tax change ideas might we expect from the leading candidates?
Students will also have the opportunity to discuss current real estate tax issues with instructor, Evan Liddiard, Senior Policy Representative - Federal Taxation from the National Association of REALTORS®.
Evan Liddiard joined the National Association of REALTORS® in January 2013 after serving for more than 20 years as the Senior Tax Policy Advisor to Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), the current chairman of the Senate Finance Committee. In addition, he is currently an adjunct professor in the business graduate tax program at American University in Washington, where he teaches a tax policy course as well as a course on the taxation of real estate transactions.
View Upcoming Courses
Member: FREE | REALTOR®: $100 | Non-member: $125