Cultural Diversity Education Program
The lack of diversity in commercial real estate is a threat to the future of the industry. In 2002, CCIM Institute created the Cultural Diversity Education Program (CDEP) to develop a critical mass of of minority CCIM designees who can positively impact their respective communities and the commercial real estate industry in general.
Through the program, qualified applicants learn the CCIM approach to investment strategy, financial analysis, and market analysis. This comprehensive curriculum is based on practical knowledge. Our instructors are also industry leaders.
Since the program began, more than 1,500 minority students have completed one of our two-day introductory courses, and some have gone on to earn the CCIM designation.
Apply for CDEP
Approved participants receive:
- A $100 discount on tuition for the Foundations for Success in Commercial Real Estate Course, available in classroom or online;
- A discounted tuition price $870 of on each CCIM core course (CI 101-104); and
- Access to the CDEP group on CCIM Connect if you become a CCIM Institute candidate member. This online community connects you with minority commercial real estate professionals from around the globe.
In order to be eligible for CDEP, you must meet the following criteria:
- Are a minority race or ethnicity;
- Are a permanent resident or U.S. citizen; and
- Are currently active in the real estate profession or a related industry.
fill out the online application form. In addition to basic information, be prepared to provide:
- A current resume (PDF) or a link to your LinkedIn profile;
- Three (3) signed letters of recommendation explaining why you would be a good fit for the Cultural Diversity Education Program with CCIM Institute; and
- Answers to four essay questions about why you want to participate in this program.
All application materials must be submitted at one time.
You will receive a confirmation email within 10 business days confirming the status of your application.